Wednesday, March 20, 2013


 My goal when decorating my first daughter's nursery was to have a girly dino theme. I searched high and low, and unless I wanted to spend big bucks on Etsy, this was going to have to be a DIY project. I accomplished it. I also made her a quilt/blanket with appliqued, hand cut dinos on it... but for the life of me I can't find a picture! So without further ado, a Girly Dino Nursery:


The view when you walked in the room. Those are embroidery hoops with leftover fabric from the quilt. A glider we found at Goodwill, covered in an old green flannel sheet.


This is the same wall, different view, with our blessing ring shown.


A close up of the blessing ring I made. Yet another embroidery hoop, with ribbon tied to the bottom, and all the welcome and baby shower cards we received! We truly are/were blessed!




This is just a close up of the lamp in her room. It was our biggest "splurge" at Target for about $18. Purple and frilly and cute!


View with black out curtains. Tie backs were leftover ribbon from the blessing ring.


Here is our changing table view. On top is a photo board we found at Gordman's for 75% off. It matched our colors and has cute words like, "dance", "love", "laugh", "smile". Directly below are frames I painted. They say "Mommy", "Daddy", "Baby," respectively and we put our respective newborn pictures in them. The frames I found at Michael's and the wooden dinos were at dollar tree. A pack of 12 for $1.
 Her name, which eventually went above the crib (mounted with velcro) and little wooden dinos from JoAnn's. And more dinosaur decorations that I've collected over the years.

And here is her mobile. Another embroidery hoop, hand painted dinos, ribbon. Easy peasy project and my favorite part of her nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment